Thursday, September 27, 2007

UK's First Podcaster Quits Podshow

Martin Devaughan aka Green Dragon, producer of popular five days a week podcast show Bite Size Bonus, is leaving BTPodshow, the UK version of Adam Curry's venture capital-backed US podcast business, after less than a year.

Devaughan, 48, helped to make music history when unsigned band Koopa entered the UK charts earlier this year, thanks to exposure in his podcast. He began podcasting in October 2004, and claims to be the UK's first ever podcaster, making the switch from radio and club DJ and artist management to become one of the UK's best known podcasters. He was BTPodshow's first significant signing in 2006.

"I felt the time was right to move on, not only for the show but on a personal level." he said, "Being asked to join BTPodshow was an honour, but I'm afraid not all I had hoped for was delivered."

Devaughan is to produce a completely new show for rival TPN - The Podcast Network.

"Some people may see the new show as me jumping ship from Podshow to TPN but this certainly isn't the case." Devaughan stated, "TPN has allowed me more freedom in my contract, with no network exclusivity to restrict me working as and where I want." He has also agreed to take over as host for an already establish TPN podcast, the Monday TPN Rockshow, adding "The rock show is a podcast I've been subscribed to since it first started and really enjoyed the format and when the last host left I thought it was the end of the Monday show, but when TPN offered me the slot how could I refuse the chance to bring my voice to such an exciting, much loved show."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home